What has happened to the nation of our Quaid ?Lets get united before it's too late ! It's NOW or NEVER!

Friday 30 November 2012

I Wish for a Pakistan!


I am a 20 year old boy, living just like many other people of my country, studying in a university and living a normal steady life. Let me just take you on a small tour to my past so that I can clearly put forward my wishes my dream and my aim and goals.
As a young teenage boy I was learning a new thing about the real world on every passing day. For me it was exciting yet confusing. I use to had so many jumbled up queries and questions in my mind that sometimes I just had to stop and try to freeze my mind for a while. However there was this one person always there for me, always ready to answer the most senseless questions that I had. This person was my Father (AGHA JEE). Every person has one role model, a person they wish to become like, in my case it was my father. As a kid I tried to adopt all his actions, listen him actively and ask him questions on any matter my mind use to come up with. This eventually resulted in a way that for me was truly beneficial. I learnt a lot of stuff from my father about the way of life and about my country Pakistan.

So, coming back to the present date. I would not call myself patriotic because what I analyze of myself is that so far I have not done a single thing that benefited my country and its people and the overall progress of my country Pakistan. However, I have a thought, a wish, a dream, a desire , what I want Pakistan to look like, what I think should be done and what should not be done. Taking it in this manner I sometimes feel proud on calling myself a small patriot with a dream to change a big nation.

What was the Pakistan our great Quaid-e-Azam wanted?
  •  A Pakistan full of Peace
  •  A Pakistan that reflects one and only one thing *UNITY*
  •   A Pakistan with every minority right
  • A Pakistan which was indestructible
  • A Pakistan a place every single human being would dream to live in.

What I see Pakistan to be today?                                                           
  •        Unstable
  •        Unsafe
  •       Under developed country

Few days back due to transport unavailability, I had to walk back home from a friend’s house. Those 15mins of walk were the main motivating factor to me for writing this article. In those 15mins I saw a society of so much hatred, jealousy, anger and greed that it cannot be expressed in words. Everyone just wanted to get the maximum comfort in everything regardless of the harm and hinders they were causing to other people. As I started my walk the very first thing I noticed was the wild traffic. Traffic sense was something the traffic was unaware of. Nobody was willing to give a chance to other vehicles on the road and everyone just wanted to fill the space they find on the entire road. 3 lanes are created keeping in view different styles of transport and the speed of the vehicles, but what I experienced showed that 3 lanes and a little rough space at the end of the road was created only because people could show their extra ordinary skills of getting wild to the maximum of their capacity. Anyhow I continued walking towards my destination, and the next thing I noticed was that a big black pole with red, yellow and green rings was standing right beside the road. To my sadness however it was exhausted and was sleeping, ignoring it immediately I looked right underneath it. A man with sky blue uniform was standing with a clear confused expression. This police officer was alone vs. approximately 50 cars. I stopped to look at the conclusion of what was going on. The police officer was trying to control the uncontrollable traffic and was clearly failing in his attempts. At this moment I had a mix feeling, I was sad because of the illiteracy the traffic was showing, I was angry because I was thinking if I was driving one of the cars stuck over there, I would have been doing the same thing. With these mixed feelings still in my mind and heart, I decided to leave it up to the police officer to handle and I continued my journey. on the foot path I was walking on, I saw broken pieces of glass, I saw litter and the most unusual thing I saw was a drug addict sleeping in the middle of the foot path care free about his life, and the whole world. I crossed everything thinking that in what way I could have helped that man. Anyhow before reaching my house there were millions of small issues that I saw and noticed and thought of. I saw fights, animal abuse, discrimination at every level; richer proving his ownership on poor, public transport loaded with people to such an extent that I guess even air could not pass easily from it. people were throwing things out from the window, small poor children were bare foot, naked sitting at the road sides,  traffic signals were not working, child labor was at its peak, there was in short mess and mess and mess everywhere. I entered my house and I all I could see was cleanliness, all I could hear was silence, all I could smell was fragrance. What was all this? Why was my own personal house so beautiful? Why was everything so messy outside my house?
These were the questions that struck my mind like an atom bomb. A unexplainable but a very strong urge grew in me. I needed the answers to these questions immediately. Through my research and my experience the answers I could come up with were very simple. In fact to all the questions I had one answer. Look highlighting issues of Pakistan just to present a negative image of it is very easy, but I am highlighting the issues of Pakistan so that we can work together on it and IN SHA ALLAH remove them from this country. The answer I generated is very simple:

FOLLOW THE TEACHINGS OF HOLY QURAN!
HOLY QURAN is a book without a single mistake. It is a book in which you can find even the solution to the smallest issue. It was told 1400 years ago that there is a Moon, a Sun, Planets, Stars, and about earth, about the shape of Earth. It was told that the most pure water present on this earth is ABB-E-ZAM ZAM. And in recent times through study the western scientist have authenticated all these facts. The thing I want to explain over here is, that we are blessed that we have a country named on Islam, a country made for Muslims majorly. Why are we not following the teachings of our religion about society, about rights of others, and about the way to live this mortal life? The people of the west are prosperous, intelligent and extensively developed just because they are following exactly the same things our religion ask us to do.
Patience is the first thing to be developed. Have u ever thought that if you stop at a signal, maintain your lane, and give way to others, and in this process you loose 2 minutes of your life, what is going to happen? Nothing!! Right? Islam teaches us to provide ease to others.
What will happen if we pack the litter in a shopping bag and throw it in a just bin? Just a little effort!! Right?
If we mute the sound system while crossing a mosque, if we stop the car for some pedestrians to cross, if we just take out 3minutes to offer SALAT, if we start taking action against child and animal abuse, if we start getting knowledge and start spreading awareness, if we simply start caring about our country, city, society just as we care about our houses we live in. what will happen? Just a Little more effort!! Right?

I, Faizan Ahmed Khan wish for a Pakistan! Do you?

Think For Pakistan!
Think For Yourself!
Think For Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah!


Faizan Ahmed Khan
Sec F



17 comments:

  1. A very good message for everyone. I believe if we want Pakistan to be like what Quaid-e-Azam wanted it to be , the first step would be to follow the teachings of our religion which tells us to be united and bring back the true spirit of *brotherhood* :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one very well written article. I agree with Sarah but along with the teachings of our religion, we should also keep in mind the teachings of Muhammad Ali Jinnah.
    Quaid-e-Azam said: “Come forward as servants of Islam, organize the people economically, socially, educationally and politically and I am sure that you will be a power that will be accepted by everybody.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is strange how the people of Pakistan are forgetting what our true leader Jinnah taught us. His paths created Pakistan and they needed to be followed if we want a better future..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely right but it takes a lot more than just writing and thinking to make this kind of Pakistan. It takes sheer commitment and dedication To make countries like as you said and we have the potential to do it if we really want to

    ReplyDelete
  5. Muhammad ali dhillon1 December 2012 at 21:54

    i appreciate the explanation provided.. but i to some extent disagree to your article.it is not that population of pakistan is at fault. my point of view is that if the government governs well, every issue will be vanished. and people will start acting accordngly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a government alone does not control the country. we live in a democratic country and i think every individual's action counts. so its a appeal that you do your part and eventually problems of Pakistan will start to decrease.

      Delete
  6. I must say, Excellent! Quaid worked hard to get us a united nation so that we would live on his terms and most importantly on the terms of our religion, "ISLAM" but the sad part is, the way our government and our entire nation payed him back for his determination and hard work which is disappointing, we do not abide by his laws or our religion's, we ourselves are a disgrace and awareness therefore must be created!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Completely agree with you this time. We just think for ourselves. We don't care for others. The cleanliness we keep at home can too be kept outside our homes. This country named, "Pakistan", is ours and we are its heirs just like your personal home. We have to make it a place worth living for ourselves and the generations to come...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very well written, we should strive to change this nation according to the Quaids vision and implement Islamic laws, and get rid of all the factors causing unstability and make Pakistan a peace ful country that everyone can visit without any fear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. a very well written article conveying a good message for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Syed Furqan Hussain2 December 2012 at 13:17

    a true picture of a fact that is generally ignored.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. We all wish the same. We as the young individuals of the society condemn everything, Though we don't do anything. We laugh, we make fun, we criticize but we don't act. We don't respond to make this society a better place. A place, that has values, morals and ethics.
    We have one of the most powerful media all over the world, yet we fail to bring a positive change in the society, Particularly Pakistan. We care more about politics, then economy. we care more about money, and not the moral values.
    I would really appreciate your effort for bringing such concerns to media as the Real Media that is actually responsible to bring in a positive change to the society are busy broadcasting political personalities and the negative aspects of Pakistan and that again results in a poor image of Pakistan to the World which is again very harmful for the development of the country.

    We all wish to bring things back to normal. We all dream Pakistanis to be the way they were at the time of Independence. We all wish leaders like Jinnah, we all wish to stand up at international conferences and tell that we are from the Land of the Pure, Pakistan. Yet, we don't take any action.
    This could only be achieved by creating awareness among the Youth of Pakistan and for this very reason I would like to Really appreciate you for playing your role in bringing a Positive change to the Society.
    Keep Writing, Keep Educating.
    As they Say " Words are better than Swords"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pakistan is what, a country between rags and tags, or a nation in search of direction. A president of a Swiss bank gave simple yet poignant remarks that “Pakistanis are poor people but Pakistan is not a poor country.” A country with all the endowments of nature, supportive weather system, hardworking people and the ideal geography is a combination which only few enjoy in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is commendable how the writer has emphasized on the point that it is in fact the small gestures in life that really do make a difference, a simple 'thank you' or 'sorry' or even a 'smile' can sometimes be very powerful. These are the simple things that the Quran has stressed upon however we fail to practice them in our daily lives. These small gestures are something that we should have based our life and cultures upon. It is very disheartening to see that the western world has adopted these in their culture while we failed to do so. Today most western countries you go to, you would witness these small gestures as part of their daily lives, even we ourselves our such hypocrites that we never forget these small gestures or etiquette when we visit these countries however as soon as we step into our motherland we forget all the patience that we ever had. All this shows that we as human beings are selfish and proud, we think that to practice some patience would imply that we are weak or that to say sorry would hurt our pride, or that a thank you doesn't make a difference when in fact these are very powerful words. It is time we think about these small but no doubt important things and start living our lives as the Quran guides us to.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very well thought of and well written article. We, as individuals, in our strive to grow and to attain maximum wealth, are forgetting what we are, what our values are and what is required of us as a community. To better our future as a nation, we need to work on our present and this change will be brought by youngsters like you. Good luck Faizan :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Foundation of the Pakistan was Islam; we never realize how lucky are we to be Muslims. Our religion contains all the moral values that we ought to have. By simply following our religious teachings we can make our State so much better. I do agree with you Faizan, politeness and our courtesy for others can improve our society and we will be able to develop barriers against anti-social acts. Western culture has changed my point of view when I came to America, but it would’ve been so much better if I could change myself in my home country.

    Thanks for the awareness buddy and regards to Agha G!

    ReplyDelete

Section F , BBA - II. Awesome Inc. theme. Theme images by Ollustrator. Powered by Blogger.